Dear Linkin Park,
Long before I realised the beauty of melody or the magic behind veiled words woven together, you were a part of my life. I heard Chester sing passionately and Shinoda’s hypnotic rap pounding from my brother’s speakers as a kid.
Unknowingly, I listened to you sing, “In the end, it doesn’t even matter..” Not heard, but actually listened. I connected to you in almost every situation. Even when my mum ‘explained’ that it meant last moment study never helps…
You are my first love. ‘My December’.
One of my biggest disappointments was that few of my friends haven’t heard you, ‘discovered’ your beauty. As people around me sang ‘Love Story’, I hummed Numb.
As I changed school, I told myself “Beginnings aren’t so simple, sometimes goodbyes the only way..”
You are my best teacher. You taught me wars as Shinoda rapped, “When the rich wage war, it’s the poor who die” better than my textbook could ever hope to do. You taught me terrorism too singing “It’s ironic, at times like this you’d pray, but a bomb blew up the mosque yesterday”.
You told me to work hard but not to hope high because, “…the higher they shall climb, the harder they shall fall”
When I fought with my best friend, I found solace in blasting up my earphones and mumbling along, “My mouth kept moving and my mind went dead.” You taught me to take the blame up if it is my fault. And so I did. When Chester departed, I did go Numb…I joined Shinoda as he sung, “Who cares if one more light goes out…Well, I do”
When I’m hurt, you made me realise “Only I can save me now.”
When you play, I fall back, close my eyes and “Leave out all the Rest” . You are that “Somewhere I Belong”.
Thank you for being there… always.
Hey there guys, Linkin Park, as I already mentioned is my first love. Just in case you are out of depth here, I’m mentioning the songs from where I took the phrases. It would be great to know I made another person find the magic too
- In the end, it doesn’t even matter…-In The End
- Beginnings aren’t so simple, sometimes goodbye’s the only way-Shadow of the Day
- When the rich wage war, it’s the poor who die-Hands Held High
- It’s ironic, in times like this we pray, but a bomb blew up the mosque yesterday-Hands Held High
- The higher they shall climb, the harder they shall fall-Darker Than Blood
- My mouth kept moving and my mind went dead-Waiting for The End
- Who cares if one more light goes out, well I do-One More Light
- Only I can save me now-Nobody Can Save Me.
The rest in quotes are the song titles. Hope you have a happy day ahead 🙂